Yup! Just another tired post. My blog is my online diary so for me its okay if I put into words what I feel for the day. I’m tired from preparing the things for our Christmas party and for the giveaway that my boss will give to some of our partners. I bought three bottles of liquor, and I carried it, and now I feel an ache on my shoulder. Maybe, if I boughtpaul reed smith guitar for a gift, I need someone to help me with it. Not like today, I bought and carried the bottles alone. When I need to buy something for our prizes I already called one of our staff for a help, I won’t be able to carry it anymore. Anyway, tomorrow would be our Christmas party so hopefully everything would be in place because as far as I know we have prepared everything. Good luck with the result.
Just before I leave the office, I decided to browse my FB news feed. A certain post got my attention, a post from OPM songs linking it to their website for the Christmas station ID of ABS-CBN. Every year, I am looking forward for the station IDs of the big television network.
This year’s station ID of ABS-CBN is really nice. The video would still probably change, so it will feature their talents, but this video is beautiful because it features few common people who say thank you to the person / people in their life.
The lyrics are simple but it gives the meaning that most of us forget sometimes… to say “thank you”
I posted a copy of the video here for you to see or you could see see MF, oh, I mean go to you opm-musics.blogspot.com where I saw the video.
It’s seldom that my husband doesn’t go to work on a Sunday but last Sunday it was his rest day so we had our family bonding. He was still able to do his favorite Sunday activity whenever he doesn’t have to go to work which is basketball. Afterwards he was able to join us on our Sunday Mass and worship at The Feast Valle Verde. Originally, our plan is to go to Libis after the Session but when the session ended, the weather didn’t look good, the sky is gloomy and just few minutes after we left Valle Verde it rained. So, we just decided to go home because we were so wet.
We ended up at SM Taytay to have our dinner and a few time to roam around. We looked at few restaurants, we probably saw round gingham tablecloth from here and upon seeing Hainanese Delight restaurant our search is over, we decided to eat there.
We enjoyed our meal, had a good laugh and just treasured the time we are all together on a Sunday.
It was National Heroes day yesterday which means, there’s no work and classes. It’s a blessing that we didn’t move the “holiday” at our office so I had a chance to have bonding with my son and one of my brothers, Christian.
I still have to wake up early to prepare our breakfast and iron my husband’s uniform (as he still have work). After eating breakfast, my son went on to see if his uncle is already awake, and since the uncle is still sleeping, we have to wake him up.
After few minutes, we are ready to go and have our biking and bonding. From our place in Floodway, Cainta, we went to Santolan Pasig using our bicycle and rested for a while at a popular fast food restaurant. We pass thru Manggahan, Pasig going to Cainta passing thru Greenland subdivision going to our home. My son were tired though we were in a slow pace and I am proud of him that he was able to bike that far.
I hope we will have a chance to have this exercise / bonding again.
Yesterday marked the last day of the three days periodical exam of my son in school. On the last day, their exam is HELE, MAPEH and Values. In music, the exam is about musical symbols but more on the notes and rests. I remember this when I was still studying but I am not that interested with it. For sure, for the next few months, they will be studying about musical instruments so I might land on a website called Musicians friend so I can take a look on different musical instruments so I can help my son with his lessons.
I am currently reading a book called The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason. It is a book that was recommended by our Boss, for additional financial knowledge. The book is quite an easy read. It talks about the Seven cures for a lean purse. Reading it made me realize that I need to be more discipline on my finances if I want to have a lean purse. I am really struck with the saying “A part of all I earn is mine to keep,” and it advices that if one wants a lean purse, 10% of the monthly income should be kept and save. The other 90% should be budget for the monthly expense. But if I want to buy something that is not a “need” like a class ring, I have to think about it several times and it should be within the budget. I think I will learn a lot from this book so I will try to finish it as soon as possible.