Archive for the ‘family’ Category
February is very special to me and my family. Not only that it is the month of hearts but we have lots of family events on this month. Below are 11 awesome moments last February (in no particular order). Why 11? It’s my birthdate.
11. Bike time with my son and husband on two separate days but both was so fun
10. Another bonding time with my husband and son. We spent few minutes at the mall to play arcade games. My husband took picture of us without us knowing it.
9. Time with my son’s Godmother, my good friend. The last time we saw each other was more than three years ago (I think!). Few things changed but time with her was still a lot of fun with lots of stories and laughter.
8. Night out with my family in celebration of my birthday.
7. Presence of the family of Anna, one of my best friends, from the eldest son to the youngest daughter. They were able to enjoy their day in the pool. I am also happy that they attended our event.
6. Lunch Date with one of my best friends! I think it was more than a year since we last saw each other. Our time was short but it was loaded with stories and catch ups
5. Buffet breakfast with the family in celebration of my mother’s birthday. Though the family is not that complete since my elder brother resides in Batangas, more than 100KM away from us.
4. Valentines’s Gift / Birthday gift from the two boys in my life. I thought my husband will no longer give a gift since we have spent a lot with the past occasions but still there was a surprise.
3. Blessed by the presence of our closest relatives during my son’s birthday and our 10th wedding anniversary celebration. They are complete, even my great grandmother was there. I am so touched because they were at one of the most special day of our year.
2. 10th birthday of my son and 10th wedding anniversary celebration, my family was there to celebrate and to help even my brother from Batangas took time to join us and sponsor the photo booth.
1. Our new wedding ring. I am thankful that God blessed our relationship all throughout these years. I pray that he will continue to bless the years ahead of us
Last February 8, we were so busy because it is our big day. We entitled it Decade (thanks to my brother Christian) because it is the celebration of my son’s 10th birthday as well as our 10th wedding anniversary. It is an all-day swimming event with a short birthday program. It was tiring yet fun day for all of us especially the kids because they really enjoyed the pool. So, to all families and friends who spent their day with us, we can’t mention you all but you know who you are, Thank you very much for your presence.
For those who weren’t able to come and yet you sent a message, it is appreciated as well because I know you really wanted to attend the event.
Last Sunday was a special day for my family. It is the celebration of my son’s 10th birthday, his birthday is on the 5th, and it is also the day of our 10th wedding anniversary. I created an event on facebook and invited our family and friends. Only few people confirmed their attendance thru FB, but there are also who just confirmed personally. What I didn’t expect was a visit from the Bandol family. They are the closest relative that we have (on my mother side). And we are so blessed by their presence because they are even complete from the great grandmother. It was short but we were all really happy. So, thank you Tito Joseph, Tita Myrna, Lola Chit, Lola (mother of lola chit), Marcus and Margaret. It was really nice seeing all of you. God bless you all!
Sunday should have been a rest day but I am quite busy on a Sunday because we usually attend mass in the afternoon and in the morning I do a lot of chores. But yesterday, I and my son, Jerome had the chance to bike around a nearby subdivision in the morning.
I started doing my chores earlier in the morning and Jerome helped by washing the dishes. I already went to the market to buy our food and made it ready for cooking. Afterwards, we prepared our bikes and started biking to the nearby subdivision. It was not a long bike, it was just around one hour because we still need to prepare to attend mass but it was still worth it. We enjoyed the time together. But I still hope that I will have more time to bike and exercise, as I really need it.
This is my post for the 2nd day of February, 26 more days to go.
It’s February! It’s our special month!
We have many family celebrations on this month that’s why this month is very special to us, not only because it’s the month of the hearts.
Last year, I posted a status on facebook, once every day on the whole month of February. This year I have decided (and will try) to make one blog post for each day of the month. I know this will be a challenge for me since I haven’t consistently posted for the past year. It will be a big move for me if I will be able to consistently post for the month of February, I think it will be a start that I’ll be active in blogging again.
I hope I can do this! Wish me Luck!
pic from picturescafe.com
My son’s 10th birthday is fast approaching and even if 10th birthday is not traditionally celebrated in a grand way like a 7th or 12th birthday we decided to celebrate it this year with a party because we didn’t have a party on his 7th birthday and we don’t plan a party on his 12th. It was his choice. My son likes to have a swimming party on his birthday even if he will not have a party on his 12th birthday.
Choosing a venue, theme, food is like choosing a mandolin, it is not as easy as one think. There are a lot of things to consider.
I don’t plan a grand party, I just want it to be memorable for my son and as well as memorable for me and my husband since it would be a double celebration, my son’s birthday and our 10th anniversary. Hopefully, it would be fun, exciting and memorable.